BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 15

PROGRESS! I had to force myself to do it, but that's what it takes sometime, I guess. This morning I decided to sand down all the mud in the closet under the stairs. (Mudding and sanding are such hateful, tedious jobs!) Ross was glad and I was happy to help get our basement a tiny bit closer to done. While I realize it won't solve all our issues, it will help so many things in this house.
I also tried to work at least a tiny bit on my Activity Days responsibilities. So much more to do, but I did start.
I've been avoiding writing how my scripture study and exercise are going because they've been non-existent so there's been nothing to say. But even though I am taking itty-bitty baby steps, I'm happy to report something today!
Not much, but I did finally figure out how many pages per day I need to read in the Book of Mormon if I want to finish it before the end of the year. With 531 pages and 107 days left, starting tomorrow I'll need to read about 5 pages per day. So now I just need to plan a time to do that. I KNOW I can't do it right before bed. That's always a mess and I won't get it done. I'm going to have to plan to do it in the morning right after breakfast when the kids are watching cartoons. My biggest issue is getting something out of my scripture study. Guess I'll have to ask for advice and put it to prayer. :o)
Also, I chatted with Charity about her exercise and eating habits today. Helpful. I'm sure there's a ton more I need to ask her and others. The ironic thing is that Ross walked in the door from work as I was on Facebook with her and he gave me an exercise mat! I've been wanting one since we switched to hardwood flooring up in the living room where the TV currently is. And truly the fact that I didn't have one has been one of my excuses for not exercising. (The other being the treadmill isn't set up because it has no good place right now. Grr.)
As far as my house goes today, I just spent over an hour copying and pasting the FlyLady 31 Baby Steps into my Word programs so I could print it off. Which I did. I'm not sure how and when to attack this, but I need to. And want to.
It is nice to get to the end of the day and see my accomplishments. Again, I'll be happy to get the routines established. All of this goes hand in hand and I pray I can work at it and make these changes in my life and the life of my family.

0 comments: